The History of Trinity Lutheran Church Logan
Trinity Lutheran Church was organized September 30, 1881 with thirteen voting members under the leadership of Rev. Henry Henkel. The present site of two lots on N. Mulberry Street was purchased for $500. A parsonage was built on one lot. The Church cornerstone was laid on the remaining lot on July 30, 1882. The Church was dedicated to the glory of God in November 1882.
In 1921 the original red brick edifice was remodeled and enlarged. Wing structures were added to give a cruciform appearance and a stone exterior was constructed. Art glass windows were installed and the chancel was enhanced with a painting, "The Crucifixion" by William Matheny of Sugar Grove, Ohio.
Music has always been an important part of the servies at Trinity. The first pipe organ was purchased in 1911. In 1969 the present organ was installed as a memorial to Caroline Lutz who was organist and choir director for forty years.
A brick parsonage was erected in 1957. In 1981 the century old Church was renovated and enlarged with more Sunday School rooms, a modern kitchen, and floor coverings. In 1994, a handicap lift and air conditioning were added. Recent additions are a parking lot, and an addition to the building for the new handicapped rest rooms, in 2013.
Nineteen pastors have served Trinity Lutheran Church including the current pastor, Reverend Danny Koch who has served since January 1990.
ga('create', 'UA-47964520-1', 'trinitylogan.com');