Welcome, and thank you for visiting Trinity Lutheran Church in Logan, Ohio online. We hope that you will look around our website and discover a little bit about who we are. We would love to greet you and share with you our love for Jesus Christ and for you, our neighbor.
At the heart of our Christian faith is the sure confidence that we are saved by grace alone, through faith alone, on account of Jesus Christ alone. All that we believe, teach, and confess is based on God's Word alone.
Sunday School classes start at 9:30
Sunday Morning services are at 10:45
Prayer and Praise service at 6:30 pm
at Carlin House Assisted Living
Radio Broadcast of Sugar Grove morning service at 8:30am on 98.3 FM
Any additional services will be announced in our bulletin and on our website.
We have resumed services each week in the sanctuary. In addition, the service will also be offered through Facebook live videos and on the Trinity Lutheran Church Logan YouTube channel. Please like and follow our Facebook page - Trinity Lutheran Church - LCMS Logan Ohio to receive notice of our live services.
Spark Studios VBS is set for July 18-21! Ages 3-103 with dinner for the whole family at 5:15pm each evening. Music, lessons, crafts and games begin at 6:00pm. For more information, contact Christy Barnhart at 740-603-4267.
The Lutheran Hour- Sunday
8:30 pm on 90.9 WFCO FM
Sunday's Bible Lessons
First Reading: Genesis 11: 1-9
Epistle: Acts 2: 1-21
Holy Gospel: John 14: 23-31
Collect of the Day
O God, on this day You once taught the hearts of Your faithful people by sending them the light of Your Holy Spirit. Grant us in our day by the same Spirit to have a right understanding in all things and evermore to rejoice in His Holy consolation; through Jesus Christ, Your Son, our Lord, who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and forever.
Study Guide for June 5, 2022
God Builds His Living House
Genesis 11: 1-9
On this day of Pentecost, we see the creator God building much more than walls and roofs.
1. Genesis 1 and 2 describes how God built your first parents by His Spirit. (Genesis 1-2). God fashioned the clay, He breathed life into it, and the man bore the image of God.
2. Then Genesis 11 records how man tries to build by himself, for himself. (11: 1-4). Man willfully ate the forbidden fruit. (Gen. 3). One man killed his brother. (Gen. 4) The ungodly were separated from the godly by a flood. (Gen. 5-9). Man attempted to usurp God's creative doing (Gen. 1:26) to make a name for himself (Gen. 11:4). Man forms the clay, but he can give no breath of life to it. "And the Lord came down" (Gen. 11:5) to see our inability to build. Any human enterprise that counters God's will is essentially twisted and thus consigned to self-defeat. It does not appear that the construction is the problem, but attaching fame and honor to what has been done is.
3. God builds the Church by His Spirit. The Word became clay (Hebrews 2:14), and God used the clay of Christ Jesus to rebuild. God sends down the Holy Spirit in the name of Christ. (John 14:26) He softens our clay with water (Holy Baptism) and breathes life into it. The preaching of the Gospel and the administration of Holy Baptism and Holy Communion are the unfailing marks of the existence of the Church.
4. By His Spirit, God builds you into the Church. God's will has forgiven your sin. He has breathed His life into you, marking you with His Name. (Matthew 28:19).
5. By the same Spirit, God builds the nations into the Church. God speaks His will in every language. (Acts 2:6). Using clay vessels, God calls and gathers from every nation, from all tribes and peoples, through Holy Baptism and the teaching of the Word. (Matthew 28: 16-20)
ga('create', 'UA-47964520-1', 'trinitylogan.com');